Costing upwards of $100 000, the dream machine of the 80's was
unattainable by most. Used by countless prominent artists including:
Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Michael Jackson.
Costing upwards of $100 000, the dream machine of the 80's was unattainable by most. Used by countless prominent artists including: Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Kate Bush, Herbie Hancock, Jean Michel Jarre, Thomas Dolby and many more, it remains a highly regarded and sought after instrument.
Nearly thirty years later, no one has accurately captured the essence of this digital monster.
Today, UVI is proud to say all of that is about to change… Introducing UVI Darklight IIx.
We took our obsession to the next level, creating a complete set of instruments, sounds and sonic tools deeply inspired by the original digital monster. A unique, hybrid process of exhaustive multi-sampling, analysis, and advanced audio processing allowed us to not only capture the original character of this machine but to enhance its ability with a host of today’s most powerful analog modeled filters, LFOs, envelopes and effects--packaged beautifully in an old-school interface.
Darklight IIx offers several 'Pages', each an instrument on its own :
▶ Page P - "Organic" Digital Sound
• Immediate access to hundreds of sounds and instruments including: Bass, Brass, Bells, Strings, Guitar, Orchestral Hits, Synth, Drums, Percussion, FX, Keys, Piano, Organs, Winds, Reeds and Voices
• Efficient and versatile control set allows for everything from quick tweaks to deep sonic exploration
• Accurate reproduction of aliasing characteristics
• More than 250 ready-to-play presets
• A multitude of effects, including the new UVI SparkVerb™, allow you to create sounds like the original machine and process them to sound like your favorite cult records from the 80's or something totally new!
▶ Page B - Digital Drum Machine
• 80's-style beatbox with step sequencer
• Hundreds of authentic vintage drums and percussion sounds
▶ Page U - Creative Multi-Phraser
• UVI exclusive multi-phraser; 3 parts with 3 sounds and 3 smart step sequencers
• Create 3-track arrangements or moving drones, let your imagination run!
All of these combine to present you with the authentic sound and soul of this mythical machine. Packaged in an easy-to-use interface with modern controls for enhanced expression and musicality, Darklight IIx gives you control over one of the most coveted computer musical instruments ever.
COMPATIBLE WITH ALL DAW & SEQUENCERS
With the free UVI Workstation 2.0.6, Darklight IIx can work:
• as a stand-alone instrument, compatible with Mac & PC
• as a VST, AudioUnit, RTAS and MAS plug-in. iLok required.
With MachFive 3 - make the most of all editing features included!