At Prolight+Sound 2017, DiGiCo will show and, more importantly, allow
attendees the opportunity to hear, a newly designed 32-bit 'John
Stadius' Mic Pre-Amp for the first time.
Twenty years ago, converters changed from 16 or 18-bit to a new, improved resolution of 24-bit. This additional 8 bits of converter resolution was instantly audible and created a demand for 24-bit quality.
John and his team have been designing Pre-Amps for over 40 years. Now, this new improvement in converter technology has allowed them to develop a Pre-Amp with audio qualities that they have long aspired to achieve.
The specifications of the 32-bit SD Mic Pre-Amp Card include:
* Fully differential audio path from input to converter
* Twin 32-bit ADC conversion per channel
* Lightening quick conversion time; 73uS
* Dynamic punch and increased audio depth; Dynamic range of 123dBA
* Incredibly low noise; 128dB EIN
* Transparency and clarity of audio; 20-22kHz <0.002% THD+N
* Class leading frequency response; 20-44.5kHz ±0.1dB
* Open and clear audio reproduction; 12dB harmonic weighting improvement
* 8 channels of temporal perfection; 0deg phase shift 20-22kHz
* Dedicated analogue, ultra-low noise linear power supplies; including +48V phantom power
* Only one, phantom power blocking, capacitor in the audio path; Gold Nichicon “MUSE” acoustic series
* Fully shielded analogue stage
* Precision clipping with no artefacts
* Reduced operating temperature (Sounds cooler)
* Roadworthy metal XLR connectors
Mic Pre-Amp Leading Competitor A Leading Competitor B DiGiCo 32 Bit