Audio Broadcast Services GmbH (ABS) was founded as a subsidiary of Lawo AG in November 2005 by Philipp Lawo. Today, ABS is amongst the leading rental companies in the audio business. As an independent rental partner, ABS hires audio systems and provides services for all types of broadcasting applications.
Featuring prominently among our services are audio systems based on Lawo equipment. A high standard of system-based expertise, due to our extensive cooperation with Lawo, guarantees a comprehensive service, from initial consultation right through to completion of the project.
Where required, ABS can also handle the entire logistics, system configuration and support. We provide skilled teams with international experience, who are available for any situation.
ABS has expanded the traditional dry hire business by adding a range of professional services. We can offer support in logistics, training, briefing, project planning, preparation, configuration and completion; support is possible at every stage of the project.
* Lawo audio technology — state of the art mixing consoles from the mc˛ / zirkon ranges
* Lawo audio networks / routing matrices — remote optical fibre systems
* Audio infrastructure — peripheral devices from well-known manufacturers, system cabling and microphones
* Complete sound control rooms, including monitoring and metering
* Digital mixing consoles with up to 500 audio channels
* Routing matrices with up to 8000x8000 crosspoints and full redundancy
* Optical fibre systems
* Digital optical fibre multicores
* Lawo DALLIS stage boxes
* Individual DSP and interface cards
* Control systems for routing matrices
* Public address systems
Apart from the rental of professional audio technology, we place a strong emphasis on service and support. Audio Broadcast Services offers the realisation capability required for any project. We also handle material logistics as well as the worldwide deployment of appropriate personnel.
* FIFA World Cup 2006TM — Production of world feed surround sound
* FIFA World Cup 2006TM — Commentary matrix
* FIFA World Cup 2006TM — Commentary matrix for the final draw in 2005
* Asian Games 2006 — Radio studio
* Asian Games 2006 — Commentary matrix
* Eurovision Song Contest 2007 — Sound control, audio matrix, master control room
* V8 Supercar Championship 2007, Bahrain
* UEFA EURO 2008TM - 2 x Surround Sound Control Room for World Feed Production
* Beijing 2008 - 13 x Surround Sound Control Room for World Feed Production